We are back with another mini Complete Coverage Guide for a few of the meets happening this weekend! There’s not a ton of information available but if we find anything else, we’ll be sure to let you know.
NORTHERN EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS
When? Saturday September 13 (team/AA competition), and Sunday September 14 (event finals)
Where? Greve, Denmark
Who? Denmark, Finland, Faroe Islands, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Norway, Northern Ireland, Sweden, and Wales
- Denmark– Michelle Lauritsen, Mette Hulgaard, Sarah El Dabagh, Marie Skammelsen, Victoria Gilberg
- Faroe Islands– Katrin Wardum, Var Bech Arting
- Finland– Erika Pakkala, Annika Urvikko, Veronika Vuosjoki, Monica Sileoni, Anna Salmi
- Iceland– Hildur Olafsdottir, Dominiqua Belanyi, Thelma Hermannsdottir, Andrea Orradottir
- Ireland– Emma Lunn, Niamh Rogers, Hannah Morrisson, Katie Brennan (competing as individuals only)
- Isle of Mann– Grace Harrison, Nicole Burns, Isabel Hester, Radha Patel
- Northern Ireland– Ciara Roberts, Ellis O’Reilly, Casey Jo Bell, Nicole Mawhinney
- Norway– Thea Rostad, Solveig Berg, Sofie Aateigen, Victoria Bøe, Martine Skregelid
- Sweden– Ece Ayan
- Wales– Emily Thomas, Rebecca Moore, Angel Romaeo, Maisie Methuen, Latalia Bevan
What? A gathering of gymnasts in the northern part of Europe, mostly featuring nations that don’t feature prominently on the international scene. Some Worlds competitors will use this meet to get their feet wet before China, including ladies from Finland, Iceland, Northern Ireland, Norway, and Sweden.
What’s Online? The official website will have live scoring, though I don’t think we’ll have access to streaming.
HUNGARIAN GRAND PRIX
When? Saturday September 13 and Sunday September 14
Where? Szombathely, Hungary
Who? 80 WAG and MAG athletes from around the globe
What? The sixth annual Grand Prix, traditionally used as one of the last friendly meets before Worlds. As the Asian Games are getting underway in South Korea, the majority of athletes here will represent Central Europe.
What’s Online? Absolutely nothing at the moment!
RECONTRE INTERNATIONALE DE GYMNASTIQUE
When? Saturday September 13
Where? Kindarena in Rouen, France
Who? Austria, France, and the Netherlands
- Austria– Lisa Ecker, Hanna Grosch, Olivia Jochum, Elisa Hämmerle, Jasmin Mader, Jessica Stabinger
- France– Marine Brevet, Clara Chambellant, Manon Cormoreche, Youna Dufournet, Claire Martin, Mira Boumejmajen
- Netherlands– Celine van Gerner, Lisa Top, Lieke Wevers, Shirley van Deene, Vera van Pol, Maartje Ruikes, Julia Bombach, Noel van Klaveren
What? A friendly meet for the already-decided Austrian and French Worlds teams to prepare before China. The Netherlands will decide their final team on September 17, and will use this competition to help them determine who they will send.
What’s Online? Nothing at the moment.