Maisie’s Golden in Guimarães. Welsh gymnast Maisie Methuen continues to make a case for herself as a worlds team threat for GB after winning the gold on beam and floor at the most recent challenge cup, where Manrique Larduet made every final but high bar and took three golds of his own.
The state of Michigan
Engler ridiculed survivors. In April emails, Interim Michigan State University President John Engler wrote that survivor Rachael Denhollander would get “kickback” from her lawyers and was manipulating other survivors, it was revealed on Wednesday.
Denhollander responded to the news in a Twitter thread, saying “I truly pity him.”
Bills became law. Michigan’s Lieutenant Governor signed into law Nassar-inspired legislation that extends the statute of limitations for abuse survivors on Tuesday.
- MSU has refused to reveal whether any top officials are under investigation for misconduct, despite Freedom of Information Act requests.
- April 13 emails show that MSU considered crafting an apology to survivors before scrapping the idea.
- MSU’s Title IX chief has resigned.
USAG news. In a 2015 interview, former USA Gymnastics CEO Steve Penny said the org was “pretty good” in terms of its policies for handling sexual abuse.
- Engler must apologize and raise standards of conduct in order to remain MSU’s leader (Lansing State Journal).
- Forbes released a list of the 100 highest-paid athletes in the world. The number of women? Zero (The Lily).
The NCAA banned weekends. The NCAA will make a rule change that will allow coaches to have their athletes train for up to 24 days without a day off, eliminating the guaranteed one-day-a-week off policy.
Mykayla Skinner, bars specialist. The star Ute caught a Ray for the first time in two years.
Injuries. USA junior Sienna Robinson is out for the season with a wrist injury.
Svetlana’s definitely qualified. Svetlana Khorkina is now a coach of the Russian national speed skating team for some reason. Her resume is just her name in Times New Roman.
Please read this. It’s hands down the best ranking of the top 15 gymnasts of all time, of all time.
Because you asked…
Where the hell were UCLA’s freshmen this year? And what’s up with Norah Flatley? WHAT ARE WE DOING PEOPLE ARE MISSING.
Charmed, I’m sure.
Want to help out and qualify for super fun rewards for as little as $1/month? Check us out on Patreon!