“coffee is nasty
there I said it”
-Simone and I are the same. You know, aside from her having superpowers.
Comp news. The final U.S. women’s national team camp of 2020 happened this week, giving us this adorable throwback. At the same time, Tom Forster gave his opinions on the Code of Points, and people had their own opinions right back at him.
MSU faculty wants to release docs. Michigan State University’s faculty senate is calling for the school to release thousands of documents related to the Nassar case to the Michigan Attorney General. It doesn’t look like the board will budge, though, with one member saying the AG already has all it needs.
In “Maybe just don’t” news…A fraternity at the University of Michigan is in hot water this week for making light of Larry Nassar’s abuse, incurring the wrath of none other than Ms. Simone Biles. Also, Malcolm Gladwell apparently used interview audio from survivors without their permission and presented out of context.
- Dipa Karmakar was featured in an Olympic Channel series called Shakti: India’s Super Women.
- Aly Raisman was named to TIME’s 100 Next List.
It’s baaaack!!! Like a recurring temp-tattoo-induced zit, college gym season is upon us once again. I mean, just look at how excited Bridget is. Here’s what you need to know:
- National Signing Day started Wednesday, and Spencer has all the updates you’ll ever need and more.
- Notably, Riley McCusker and Morgan Hurd both signed to Florida, though Hurd is deferring until after 2021 worlds. Laney Madsen might not be going to UCLA anymore, Victoria Nguyen is going to Georgia, and Jordan Chiles officially signed with UCLA.
- The trailer for Full Out 2: You Got This! is here, and I honestly don’t know where to begin. In just under two minutes of straight-to-video cinematic gold we were blessed with what appears to be the entire plot of the movie, complete with group dance? Just watch it.
Injuries. Denis Abliazin broke both his legs but still somehow plans to go to Euros in March. GODSPEED.
Comebacks. Laurie did a front layout to front double full to punch front. Meanwhile, I tripped on a rug, hit a table on the way back up, and yelled at both. Where’s my CV.
Skinner got married. MyKayla Skinner married her boyfriend Jonas Harmer last week after being engaged for exactly two seconds, and she looked gorgeous. Congrats!
Chellsie continues to amaze. Chellsie Memmel did this last week. What did you do?
Because you asked…
Why was Laney Madsen’s bar routine score so low at worlds? Lauren has a breakdown.
Anyone got tips for managing what feels like three people’s lives?
Want to help out and qualify for super fun rewards for as little as $1/month? Check us out on Patreon!